Recipe by askahealthchef
Nutritional Facts! 566 Calories/31 Fat Grams/41g Protein/Carb 25 g/ 876 Sodium/ 121 Chol/ SatF 13 g/ w/Healthy Alternatives: 519 Calories/Protein 39 g/ Fat 27 g/ Fat 27 g/ Carb 29 g/Chol 105 g/ SatF 10 g/ To make it a little healthier or fun! Instead of using plain iceberg lettuce consider using spinach! You can add some griled apples along side or atop the burger! You can use Turkey Bacon instead of regular bacon for a healthier alternative! Use Whole Wheat Buns for a healthy alternative
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground sirloin
- 4 ounces bacon or 4 ounces turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 whole grain buns
- 2 ounces spinach
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp. Drain.
- Crumble Gorgonzola cheese and set aside.
- Divide ground beef into eight thin patties.
- Top four of the patties with the bacon and Gorgonzola, dividing it evenly.
- Top with the four remaining patties, close and seal the burgers.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cook over a hot fire for 2–3 minutes per side.