Gorgeous Vegetarian Rice Casserole
- Heat the vegetable oil, and cook onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the rest of the veggies, except cherry tomatoes. Add fennel seeds, pepper, and basil. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the cream, salt to taste, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Grease a casserole dish with half of the butter.
- Layer rice and vegetables. Dot with the rest of the butter.
- Cover the last layer with the grated cheese, the rest of the cream and cherry tomatoes. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.