Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A smooth, silky, scrumptious, and spicy spread. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 3 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped banana pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Scoop out avacados into a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice and mash together with a fork.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, and banana peppers, onions, and pepper.
- Stir together.
I really wanted to love this..but it was just kind of blah to me. Now, I did leave out the jalapenos because I have small children (I did use the banana pepper) but otherwise I left it the same. I thought maybe some salt would help so I added that. But it just tasted blah. Certainly not inedible. But really nothing much. Sorry.
I served with Tarynne's taquitos (No-Fuss Taquitos). I left out the onions simply because I don't care for raw onions. Very nice flavor and compliment the taquitos perfectly.