Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: “The Africa Kitchen" by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin. This is a spicy cheese puree that can be served as a dip or a spread. Great with crudités.
- 3 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus extra
- paprika, to garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kalamata olive, to garnish
- Place the feta cheese and yogurt in a bowl and using a fork, mash them together to form a paste.
- Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a serving bowl.
- Drizzle the goreme with olive oil and garnish with some Kalamata olives and paprika before serving.
This ended up being a little salty for my tastes. I tried it with crackers and chips, but it ended up being the best with pita bread. I think this would be wonderful on gyros or other sandwiches where feta adds flavor.