Recipe by Abby Girl
I don't know who Gordon is, but I would love to thank him for a wonderful recipe. These can freeze for up to 3 months. Take what you need out and broil until bubbly. How much easier can it get?
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp, drained & chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves sandwich bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Trim crusts. Cut into fours squares or triangles.
- Coat each square with some cheese mixture, making sure to cover the edges. Place on tray. Store triangles between wax paper.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- If using immediately, broil the toast sections until the cheese mixture is bubbly and golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Frozen toast will require slightly longer under the broiler. There is no need to thaw them before broiling.