1/3 Photos of Gordon's Restaurant Artichoke Fritters
One of the hottest spots in Chicago, Gordon Restaraunt has served these French style fritters since it opened in 1976. Try them and see why they are so popular!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- 2In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, and olive oil. Whisk it into the dry ingredients until well incorporated; do not overmix. Set the batter aside for 30 minutes.
- 3Heat the corn or peanut oil to 375*F. in a deep heavy skillet.
- 4Using tongs, dip the artichoke hearts in the batter and then gently drop them in the hot oil. Fry a few at a time until golden brown, just a few seconds. Drain on paper towels, repeat with the remaining artichokes. Serve hot, with the bearnaise sauce.
- 5Note: If you don't have a deep fat thermometer, drip a 1" cube of bread in the oil. If it turns golden brown within 1 minute, the oil is hot enough. Remove the bread and proceed with the recipe.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gordon's Restaurant Artichoke Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1627.0
- Calories from Fat 1515
- Total Fat 168.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 138.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen artichoke hearts