Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This creamy risotto recipe was in the "Dinner for Four Under $10" section of People magazine. I haven't tried it yet but Gordon Ramsay seems to make really good dishes and this looked yummy!
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 283.49 g arborio rice
- 118.29 ml dry white wine
- 946.36 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 226.79 g plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 29.58 ml mascarpone cheese
- 44.37 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan sauté the shallots with the olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- Stir in the rice and cook for another minute or two. Add the wine, stir and cook until absorbed. Pour in a quarter of the chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Gradually stir in the rest of the broth over a period of about 15 minutes, adding more as each previous amount is absorbed. This helps to give you a creamy risotto.
- When the rice is al dente, mix in the tomatoes and herbs. Check the seasoning and stir in the cheeses. Serve in warmed bowls topped with shaved aged Parmesan.
Delicious! always a success.made it many times
This recipe was really good! Risotto turned out creamy and perfect texture. Only change I would make it put in more tomatoes for more color.
Tried this for the first time. I have never had Risotto with tomatoes and herbs but it turned out pretty darn good. All of it was gone between three people. Two thumbs up!<br/>i will definitely make it again.