1/3 Photos of Gordon Ramsay's Tomato and Mushroom Risotto
This creamy risotto recipe was in the "Dinner for Four Under $10" section of People magazine. I haven't tried it yet but Gordon Ramsay seems to make really good dishes and this looked yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large shallot, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes, skinned, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large saucepan sauté the shallots with the olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes and then add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently until softened.
- 2Stir in the rice and cook for another minute or two. Add the wine, stir and cook until absorbed. Pour in a quarter of the chicken broth, bring to a boil and cook until absorbed, stirring frequently.
- 3Gradually stir in the rest of the broth over a period of about 15 minutes, adding more as each previous amount is absorbed. This helps to give you a creamy risotto.
- 4When the rice is al dente, mix in the tomatoes and herbs. Check the seasoning and stir in the cheeses. Serve in warmed bowls topped with shaved aged Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gordon Ramsay's Tomato and Mushroom Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: