1/6 Photos of Gordon Ramsay's Tikka Masala
I saw the famously foul-mouthed chef do this on a live TV cook-a-long. It’s an easy curry to prepare, and big on flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- peanut oil
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 1 -2 fresh green chile, depending on how hot you like it
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 10 dried curry leaves
- 4 -6 tablespoons natural yogurt
- fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large pan. Slice the onion and add to the pan. De-seed and chop the chilie, chop ginger and add to the pan. Crush the garlic and add to the pan; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add chili powder, turmeric, garam masala and sugar; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add tomato puree and tinned tomatoes; stir and cook for a few minutes.
- 4Transfer sauce to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- 5Add 1 tbsp fresh oil into the pan in which you cooked the sauce and fry the chicken until lightly coloured. Pour the sauce back into the pan and add the curry leaves. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- 6Stir in the yogurt (I swirl mine through it, rather than mix it in completely)with half of the chopped coriander and serve, garnishing with the remaining coriander.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gordon Ramsay's Tikka Masala
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 113.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried curry leaves