Recipe by JustEmma
There's eggs and then there's eggs. This recipe comes from world famous chef, Gordon Ramsey. The first time I made this I realised what scambled eggs could be!
Top Review by Cinnamonised
i was treated to breakfast in bed this morning by my boyfriend, who made this recipe (with added smoked salmon) having watched a video of gordon ramsay making it. it was 100% the best scrambled eggs i have ever had! i think there's an important factor missed out here in the instructions, you are supposed to keep stirring the eggs and the butter over high heat until they just begin to solidify, and then remove them from the heat and keep stirring. a few moments and then back on the heat, and then off, etc. a few times, and then when it looks almost done remove completely from heat and add the creme fraiche to stop them from over cooking. just thought i'd chip in with that one! and they're incredible with smoked salmon! p.s. watch this link to see him make it, my explanations are probably not very clear... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1SM73Qi1BQ
- 6 eggs
- 25 g butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Break eggs into a pan and add the cubed butter.
- Stir over a medium heat until the eggs clump and then add the creme fraiche.
- Remove from heat when eggs are clumpy, but soft.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped chives.