Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from the Hell's Kitchen game.
- 3 lbs idaho potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup pasta flour
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup blue cheese (soft)
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed herbs (chervil, parsley, chives, basil)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 chicken breasts (bone in)
- 1 small bunch thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head garlic, halved horizontally
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 teaspoon white peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 lbs large Idaho potatoes, a scant 2/3 cup (not quite 2/3 cup) of pasta flour, 2 eggs,3/4 to 1 cup of soft blue cheese,3 tbsp chopped mixed herbs (chervil, parsley, chives, basil),Salt and pepper,olive oil, to drizzle and fry.
- 1 tbsp butter Bake the potatoes in the oven until the skin is crisp on the outside and the potato is soft and fluffy in the middle. Scoop out the flesh then pass through a mouli until completely smooth and there are no lumps (a food mill would also work for this).
- Lay the potatoes out on the work surface and dust with flour. Mix together.
- Make a well in the middle of the potato and flour mix. Beat the eggs and cheese together and pour into the well. Gradually fold together the potato and flour mix into the wet ingredients then add the herbs and seasoning to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl and cool until firm. Shape the mixture into long sausages, about 1.5cm thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2-3 cm lengths with the back of a knife so the ends are blunted a little.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi. As soon as they float to the surface, give them another 30 seconds then fish out with a slotted spoon into a bowl of ice-cold water. Repeat with the rest. Drain then dry completely with kitchen paper or in a clean tea towel. Toss in a little olive oil.
- Heat some oil and the butter in a frying pan and brown the blanched gnocchi for a few minutes, turning them, until nicely caramelized all over.
- To cook chicken, 2 chickens (both chicken breasts, bone in),Small bunch of thyme,2 sprigs of rosemary, 1 bay leaf,1 head of garlic, halved horizontally,2 lemons, sliced,1 tsp white peppercorns,1 tsp coriander seeds,sea salt and black pepper,2 tbsp olive oil,2 tbsp butter.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a baking dish, combine all other ingredients and then add the chicken on top. Place in a 375ºF oven and roast for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Garnish per plate, 2 baby carrots,1 salsify baton,1 baby leek, A few white mushrooms (or other seasonal variety), chopped, Olive oil, A few truffle slices, if available
- Blanch the carrots, parsnip and carrots in boiling water for 1-2 minutes then dip in ice and water bath to stop the cooking process. Then sauté them with the mushrooms in olive oil and check for seasoning.
- To serve, carve the breast meat from the bone and arrange the chicken with the herb gnocchi, pan-roasted baby carrots, leek, parsnip and mushrooms then scatter with a few slices of truffle, if available.