Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from the Hell's Kitchen Game.
- 1 medium pumpkin (approximately 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups risotto rice
- 6 quarts vegetable stock, or
- 6 quarts salt water
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms, cooked
- 2 minced shallots
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Roughly chop pumpkin into small pieces. Sweat in a sauté pan with whole butter until soft. Transfer to a food processor and puree until smooth. Return to a sauté pan and simmer until the liquid is dissolved and the puree is dry.
- For the Risotto.4 cups risotto rice, 6 quarts vegetable stock or salted water, 2 cups mixed mushrooms, cooked.
- Bring half the stock to a boil and season with salt. Boil the rice for 6 minutes or until al dente. Strain and transfer to a baking tray and cool.
- To Finish. Cooked risotto rice. The remaining vegetable stock or salted water, Pumpkin Puree, 2 shallots minced, 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic, 2 oz white wine,2 tbsp mascarpone cheese,2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese,-1/2 cup cooked mushrooms, Salt and pepper, Olive oil for sautéing.
- Sweat the garlic and shallots with olive oil. Add white wine and reduce until almost dry. Add risotto rice and in small amounts add stock until rice is cooked. Finish with the pumpkin puree, mascarpone, cooked mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- *can substitute w/ butternut squash if necessary.