Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gordon Ramsay's recipe for easy, creamy pasta is a big hit with his kids - they insist on having it for tea once a week!
- 14 ounces farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces peas, thawed if frozen
- 2 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 small handful sage leaf, and flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Tip in the farfalle and cook according to packet instructions until the pasta is al dente.
- Heat the oil in another pan and add the bacon. Fry over high heat for 3 - 4 minutes until the bacon is golden brown.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute. Pour in the cream and bring to the boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes until reduced and thickened slightly.
- Tip in the peas, bring back to a simmer and cook for another 3- 4 minutes. Stir the grated parmesan into the sauce, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it in a colander and immediately tip into the sauce.
- Add the herbs, then toss the pasta until well coated with the creamy sauce.
- Divide among warm plates and sprinkle over a little more parmesan to serve.
Huge hit with my family. We all prefer it to carbonara with eggs. Very tasty and quick!