Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from the Hell's Kitchen game.
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- sultana (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and graham crackers until stiff but pliable.
- Line the bottom of the cake tin with graham cracker crust mix. Mix all of the ingredients except the sultanas in a food processor until smooth, and then fold in the sultanas. Pour the mix into a spring-form pan and bake for 40 minutes at 325ºF-350ºF. Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool down in the oven for about one hour to prevent the top from cracking. Chill the cake in the fridge overnight and dust the top with powdered sugar.
I love this recipe. It always turns out perfect, and I alwayshave friends and family request me to make it for special occasions. Bake times are right on. Remember to leave it in the oven for an hour after you turn your oven off. It finishes the cake. Highly recommended.
I used a 9"" sprinform pan and follow the steps exactly (except the sultanas). I've baked several times and it turned out great!!! It's normal the batter jiggles before baking. MOST IMPORTANT: leave the cake "in the oven" after 40 min baking. (MUST!!! ) Refrigerate overnight also help set the cake.
If I could post a picture of the atrocity I created using this recipe I would. I cooked it at 335 for 1.25hours abnd it still jiggles like a bowl of jelly. The instructions are vague at best. In what order do you mix the ingrediants? How big of a pan do you use? I can tell you for certain its not a 9". The other raters here must know something I don't or are paid very well for their opinions.