Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from the Hell's Kitchen game.
Make and share this Gordon Ramsay's Baked New York Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- sultana (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and graham crackers until stiff but pliable.
- Line the bottom of the cake tin with graham cracker crust mix. Mix all of the ingredients except the sultanas in a food processor until smooth, and then fold in the sultanas. Pour the mix into a spring-form pan and bake for 40 minutes at 325ºF-350ºF. Turn off the oven and leave the cake to cool down in the oven for about one hour to prevent the top from cracking. Chill the cake in the fridge overnight and dust the top with powdered sugar.
I love this recipe. It always turns out perfect, and I alwayshave friends and family request me to make it for special occasions. Bake times are right on. Remember to leave it in the oven for an hour after you turn your oven off. It finishes the cake. Highly recommended.
While this cheese cake tastes very good, it took much longer than 40 minutes to bake! Even at 350, it was over 70 minutes. Someone should make an adjustment in the recipe to warn novice bakers that you don't just turn off the oven after 40 minutes. I did that the first time and the cheesecake was not set up in the center at all. The next time, I baked it 70 minutes (testing to make sure it was set in the middle), left it in the oven as I turn it off and then it turned out well. It is a delicious version of cheesecake and it is very easy to assemble. Just be aware of the extended the baking time. 40 minutes is very inaccurate. By adding baking time, I think it is worthy of 5 stars.
It's very good but it's not the original recipe