Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Breakfast gorditos stuffed with chile spiced eggs from Javier Cabrel
Make and share this Gorditos De Huevos (Masa Cakes Stuffed With Eggs) recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together masa harina, salt, and 1 1/4 cups water until dough forms. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then divide into six 2" balls. Flatten each ball into a 1/4" thick disc, and set aside.
- Heat chiles in a skillet, and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Quickly place chiles in blender, with garlic and 1/2 cup water and puree.
- Return to skillet, add eggs and cook, stirring often. Set aside.
- Heat 12" cast iron skillet, and cook masa discs, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Immediately remove to a cutting board, and cut horizontally halfway through each disc. Stuff with egg mixture, and serve immediately.