Random Rachel's Note:
Breakfast gorditos stuffed with chile spiced eggs from Javier Cabrel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together masa harina, salt, and 1 1/4 cups water until dough forms. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then divide into six 2" balls. Flatten each ball into a 1/4" thick disc, and set aside.
- 2Heat chiles in a skillet, and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- 3Quickly place chiles in blender, with garlic and 1/2 cup water and puree.
- 4Return to skillet, add eggs and cook, stirring often. Set aside.
- 5Heat 12" cast iron skillet, and cook masa discs, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- 6Immediately remove to a cutting board, and cut horizontally halfway through each disc. Stuff with egg mixture, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gorditos De Huevos (Masa Cakes Stuffed With Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 462.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.8 g