Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Breakfast gorditos stuffed with chile spiced eggs from Javier Cabrel
Make and share this Gorditos De Huevos (Masa Cakes Stuffed With Eggs) recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together masa harina, salt, and 1 1/4 cups water until dough forms. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then divide into six 2" balls. Flatten each ball into a 1/4" thick disc, and set aside.
- Heat chiles in a skillet, and cook until lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Quickly place chiles in blender, with garlic and 1/2 cup water and puree.
- Return to skillet, add eggs and cook, stirring often. Set aside.
- Heat 12" cast iron skillet, and cook masa discs, flipping once, until golden on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Immediately remove to a cutting board, and cut horizontally halfway through each disc. Stuff with egg mixture, and serve immediately.