Recipe by CountryLady
This easy recipe is from Cooking With Kids by Jennifer Low - I'll be making it with my granddaughter during spring break!
- 4 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pop the marshmallows into the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a bowl at 50% power in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Using a whisk, stir in both sugars; cool slightly.
- Stir in egg, vanilla extract, both flours, baking soda and salt until smooth.
- Spoon into 4 ramekins or baking cups, filling 2/3 full; put a cold marshmallow into the middle of each cake.
- Make the Chocolate Goosh: Put the water, 2 tbsp brown sugar and cocoa powder in a cup and heat at 50% power in a microwave for 1 minute, until hot.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over marshmallows and cake batter.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 23 minutes, or until puffed, the chocolate is bubbling and the marshmallows melt into top crusts.
- Cool until warm but dont un-mold.