Recipe by Shar-on
In response to a request. I have not made this recipe, but it comes from "The Mennonite Tresury of Recipes". Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 cups gooseberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the berries and put into a saucepan with 2- 3 Tbsp of water and cook just until the berries begin to burst.
- Cool them, then add flour and sugar that has been sifted tog.
- Put into prepared crust and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust of pie, crimping the edges together so that the juice will not leak out.
- Bake at 425 degF for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degF and bake for about 30 minutes longer.