Prep 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
My mom love to make gooseberry pies.
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 cups gooseberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare pastry.
- Stem and rinse berries.
- Crush 1/2 cup berries add sugar, tapioca, and salt and mix.
- Cook and stir until mixture boils then cook 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, add remaining whole berries.
- Pour into pastry.
- Adjust top crust, cut slits for escape of steam.
- Brush with milk and sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.