Recipe by PSU Lioness
This recipe is from the Gooseberry Patch Best-Ever Casseroles cookbook and was submitted by Paula Lichiello from Forest, VA. I am posting for safe keeping. Prep/cook times are approximate and I will update after I make it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 13x9" pan.
- Sprinkle with croutons, celery, onion, cheese and almonds.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine soup and mayonnaise thoroughly and pour over chicken mixture; spread evenly.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: This can be prepared the day before. Add everything except the mayo/soup mixture. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to make then combine mayo and soup and pour over chicken mixture. Bake accordingly, possibly adding up to 10 minutes until it is heated through.