Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A flavorful, tangy spread. Good as a spread on burgers or brats. Also works great as a barbecue saude. I got this from fooddownunder.com.
- 1 cup fresh gooseberry
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored red wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard skins.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or up to 2 weeks.