1/2 Photos of Gooseberry-Cardamom-Jam
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Love it. Wished I had more gooseberries. As soon as I will get gooseberries I will make this jam again. For this jam I use Dr. Oetker's super gelling sugar 1:3. With this gelling sugar you only need 1/3 of the fruit weight to make the jam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean red gooseberries and cut in half.
- 2Put in a suited pot and add the sugar. Let stand for 2 hours.
- 3Towards the end: open the cardamom pods and put the seeds into a mortar. Ground the seeds with a pistel. Set aside for the moment.
- 4Bring gooseberry mixture to a boil over medium high heat stirring frequently. Cook for 4 minutes strirring all the time.
- 5Remove from heat and add lime juice, vanilla extract and grounded cardamom seeds. Mix.
- 6If you like you can mash now the gooseberries as you would like them to appear in your jam.
- 7Fill into twist off preserving jars and close jars. Let stand for 1 minute and then turn up side down. Let stand for 10 minutes and turn over again. Let cool completely.
- 8NOTE on "Dr. Oetker's Super Gelling Sugar 3:1". Dr. Oetker is a well known brand in Germany. There are several gelling sugars available. The "3:1" super gelling sugar already contains pectin and you only need 1/3 of sugar. If you can't get it, you could also use Dr. Oetker's 2:1 super gelling sugar (the use 300 g sugar). Follow the instructions on the package.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooseberry-Cardamom-Jam
Serving Size: 1 (620 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.9
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: