Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Different, but very good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs gooseberries, ends removed
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons elderflower cordial or 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- almond cookie, to serve
- Place the gooseberries in a heavy saucepan, cover and cook over low heat, shaking the pan occasionally, until the gooseberries are tender. Put the gooseberries into a abowl,crush them, then cool completely.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form, then fold in half of the gooseberries.Sweeten and add elderflower cordial or orange flower water. Sweeten the remaining gooseberries.
- layer the cream mixture and the crushed gooseberried in four dessert dishes or tall glasses, then cover and chill. Serve with almond cookies.