Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A Christmas Favorite!
Make and share this Goose With Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 8 -12 ounces cornbread mix or 8 -12 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 (10 -12 lb) domestic goose
- 1 2⁄3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup additional chicken stock
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions;cool.
- Rub salt on inside of goose cavity.
- Prick skin well and set aside.
- Cut cornbread into cubes, and place on baking pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Set aside in large bowl.
- Saute in skillet, chopped onions, mushrooms, and celery in butter; add to the corn bread cubes.
- Gently stir in apples, pecans shredded carrots, parsley, herbs, and pepper.
- Add broth; toss gently.
- Stuff the goose body and neck cavities; truss opening.
- Place carrots chunks, onion wedges and garlic in a shallow roastin pan.
- Place goose breast side up, over vegetables.
- Pour wine or broth over goose.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350*F for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 180* (cover with foil during the last hour to prevent over browning.) Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.