4 hrs 45 mins
Leslie O's Note:
A Christmas Favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -12 ounces cornbread mix or 8 -12 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 (10 -12 lb) domestic goose
- 1 2/3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup additional chicken stock
- 1Prepare corn bread according to package directions;cool.
- 2Rub salt on inside of goose cavity.
- 3Prick skin well and set aside.
- 4Cut cornbread into cubes, and place on baking pan.
- 5Bake at 350*F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6Set aside in large bowl.
- 7Saute in skillet, chopped onions, mushrooms, and celery in butter; add to the corn bread cubes.
- 8Gently stir in apples, pecans shredded carrots, parsley, herbs, and pepper.
- 9Add broth; toss gently.
- 10Stuff the goose body and neck cavities; truss opening.
- 11Place carrots chunks, onion wedges and garlic in a shallow roastin pan.
- 12Place goose breast side up, over vegetables.
- 13Pour wine or broth over goose.
- 14Bake, uncovered, at 350*F for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 180* (cover with foil during the last hour to prevent over browning.) Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goose With Cornbread Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.7
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 504.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 51.8 g