2 hrs 30 mins
An heirloom, butchering time recipe from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean, scald and strip feet.
- 2Cover with water, add salt and cook until bones fall apart (about 2 hours), adding water as it evaporates to keep original amount.
- 3Strain and poil liquor down to half its volume.
- 4In another pot, combine onion, garlic, salt, pepper and water and cook 15 minutes.
- 5Add livers and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, adding more water tokeep livers covered.
- 6Grind livers with onion and garlic, using a little of the liver liquor to rinse the grinder and adding it to the ground livers.
- 7Half-fill small molds with liver mixture and fill to the top with the stock from the feet.
- 9**Variation: a thin slice of lemon may be floated on top of the gelatin.
Browse Our Top Goose Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goose Livers in Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: