Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
Though I've never tried gooey butter cake, I've heard fabulous things about it! And if these are supposed to be a spin-off of its counterpart, it must be amazing! The blanket of powdered sugar cloaking these won me over! **Prep. time includes chill time.**
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- nonstick cooking spray
- powdered sugar
- Beat the butter, vanilla, egg, and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the dry cake mix; cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets; bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
The cookies are delicious, but the dough really needs to sit in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to set, if not it is really sticky and you cannot roll. You can also put in the freezer until dough sets. Thanks for the recipe! :)
These were the hit of my family Christmas dinner!! They were so easy to make...I did have to re-refrigerate the dough after the 1st batch was made. Now, I have to give out the recipe & everyone will know that I cheated by using a (gasp!) box-mix!! Thanks for a great one!