Recipe by Doozie
This recipe was given to me by a family member as an easy way to make pie crust. I have not tried it yet...but have posted it here in case I lose the piece of paper it was written on.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend flour and salt with shortening until mixture is uniformly crumbly.
- Add the egg, lightly beaten with the water and vinegar,.
- Mix quickly until the mixture holds together.
- Roll out on a floured surface.
- Makes enough dough for the top and bottom crust of a 9 inch pie.
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly browned if you need a prebaked pie shell.