Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious candy for the holiday season, and is a real hit at school concession stands. I got the recipe from my sister-in-law's mother-in -law. It does take some time, but is well worth the effort. I double the recipe to use a whole can of sweetened condensed milk.
- 27 caramels
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 27 marshmallows
- crisp rice cereal
- Melt the first three ingredients over hot water.
- Dip the marshmallows in the caramel.
- Roll the covered marshmallow in the crispies.
- Cool on wax paper or tinfoil.