Recipe by Karabea
I cut this from a magazine several years ago (not sure which one). Putting it here for safe keeping...hopefully I'll get to make it sometime soon!
Top Review by KPD
fantastic!! this reminds me of a recipe my mamaw used to make. i really enjoyed this, and so did my dad! my toddler wasn't too thrilled because of the nuts, i expected that tho! i followed the recipe exactly except that i cut it in half and used a 8x8 dish. it was so easy to put together, especially with the help of my food processor for the vanilla wafers crumbs! these are soooo heavenly and rich! thanks for posting! will make again for sure! made for spring pac 2010!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and wafer crumbs in a 13x9-inch baking pan; press into bottom of pan. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Remove lid from caramel topping; microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot, stirring after every 30 seconds. Drizzle over pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until morsels melt; cool in pan on wire rack. Chill at least 30 minutes; cut into squares.