1 hr 10 mins
Rich Gooey Cake with Toffee Sauce
My Private Note
2x6 Cak ...
Units: US | Metric
Gooey Toffee Cake
- 6 ounces dates (Pitted)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 ounce brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Skor English toffee bits
Toasted Pecan Ice Cream
- 2Preheat 325*/Spray Cake Pan.
- 3Combine the dates and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and gradually add the baking.
- 4soda (it will foam) and set aside.
- 5Sift together the flour and baking powder. Cream the butter in the mixer bowl until fluffy, with the mixer.
- 6running add half of the eggs and mix until incorporated. Add the rest of the eggs and vanilla and continue.
- 7to mix until smooth. Starting with the flour mixture add in thirds opposite the dates in to the creamed.
- 8mixture until all is combined and smooth.
- 9Place equal amounts into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 10Toffee Sauce:.
- 11Combine the sugar, butter, half&half and brandy; boil for three minutes. Add the vanilla and heath bar bits.
- 12and stir until almost smooth.
- 13Preheat 400*.
- 14While warm ladle equal amounts into the cooked cakes and cook for five minutes or until bubbly and.
- 15golden. Let cool to room tempetature.
- 16Toasted Pecan Ice Cream:.
- 17Preheat 350*.
- 18In a sauce pan bring the milk, cinnamon sticks and vanilla to a boil. While this is coming to a boil, toast.
- 19the pecan pieces in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Toss them into the milk mixture. Turn off the milk and let rest.
- 20for at least 10 minutes. Prepare a ice bath with a strainer. (Place one small bowl into a large bowl of ice,this.
- 21is to cool the mixture down rapidly.) Bring the milk back to a boil with ½ the sugar and the other ½ of the.
- 22sugar whisk into the egg yolks until lemony in color. When the milk comes to a boil liaison with the yolks.
- 23and pour back into the sauce pan with the heat on low cook until slightly thick (2-3Min.) stirring with a.
- 24spatula so not to create air bubbles. Pour through the strainer into the ice bath to cool the mixture down.
- 25rapidly. Let cool and place in ice cream machine and process to manufactures specifications.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooey Toffee Cake With Toasted Pecan Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (648 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1873.4
- Calories from Fat 823
- Total Fat 91.5 g
- Saturated Fat 43.5 g
- Cholesterol 436.4 mg
- Sodium 918.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 249.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 209.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: