1/1 Photo of Gooey Toffee Butter Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This wonderful cake is very, very rich and a little goes a long way. This yummy cake recipe is courtesy Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F; lightly grease a 13 by 9 by-2-inch baking pan.
- 2For the cake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well; pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
- 3For the filling: Still using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth; beat in the eggs and vanilla; dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well.
- 4Reduce the speed and slowly pour in butter, mix well; Fold in toffee bits.
- 5Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly; bake for 40 to 50 minutes; Don't be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because oven temperatures can vary; you want the center to be a little GOOEY, so don't bake it past that point!
- 6Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, cut into squares--Enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooey Toffee Butter Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 219.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 33.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
almond toffee bits