Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Garlic baked this way is soft and mellow-tasting - really! Squeeze out and spread onto a pizza, buttered French bread or appetizers; served with roasted meats or vegetables; add to mashed potatoes or pasta tossed with oil and grated cheese. Yummy!
Top Review by rsarahl
Excellent preparation of roasted garlic! Not even one hard or crispy clove (which usually happens when we roast garlic with olive oil in the clay baker or in foil)... so this recipe gets an A+! I used chicken broth with great results. A couple of cloves went into garlic bread last night; then I refrigerated the rest and used some tonight in a rice pilaf. Very versatile, easy to store and totally yummy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove papery outside skins from garlic heads; leave the cloves together.
- Place garlic heads in a baking dish; add butter and stock to the pan.
- (Use a baking dish that's just large enough to hold the garlic heads.) Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees, until garlic heads are tender and golden, basting about every 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.