Recipe by sofie-a-toast
These are very gooey, thick and rich treats with a dark chocolate layer on the top to put you over the edge! When I made this, the flavor and texture was spot-on but the bars were a little thin. I doubled all of the ingredients (not including the choco layer) here for a thicker bar. Choose whichever way works best for you.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 40 large marshmallows (about 1 bag)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 0.667 (11 1/16 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are completely melted.
- Stir in rice krispie treats.
- Turn into a buttered 9x9 pan and pack down using a buttered (so it won't stick) spatula.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, until it can be stirred smooth. Spread the chocolate on top of the treats and refridgerate until cool and hardened.