Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are very gooey, thick and rich treats with a dark chocolate layer on the top to put you over the edge! When I made this, the flavor and texture was spot-on but the bars were a little thin. I doubled all of the ingredients (not including the choco layer) here for a thicker bar. Choose whichever way works best for you.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 40 large marshmallows (about 1 bag)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 0.667 (11 1/16 ounce) bag dark chocolate chips
- Melt the butter in a large, non-stick saucepan. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are completely melted.
- Stir in rice krispie treats.
- Turn into a buttered 9x9 pan and pack down using a buttered (so it won't stick) spatula.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, until it can be stirred smooth. Spread the chocolate on top of the treats and refridgerate until cool and hardened.
Gooey is right and the chocolate topping is definitely an added bonus. Kids love em, but so do adults. Made for VeggieSwap~
These are wonderful! The chocolate makes them extra-special! Thanks for sharing.