From an old newspaper clipping -- Because of the brewed coffee and only 1/2 cup brown sugar, these cinnamon buns are not overly sweet! Great for a special breakfast, especially at Christmas or other holidays. Can be prepared the night before so the bread dough thaws and rises til double, then bake the next morning -- NOTE: prep/bake time DOES NOT include time for dough to thaw and rise before baking!
- Spray a Bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan with baking spray.
- Spread chopped nuts evenly over bottom of pan.
- Place frozen dough balls evenly over walnuts in pan.
- Melt butter in microwave; mix with brown sugar, vanilla pudding mix (NOT INSTANT), cold coffee, and cinnamon.
- Spoon butter mixture over dough balls.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and let dough balls rise overnight (or several hours) til double in size. NOTE: can refrigerate overnight, but will take an extra couple of hours at room temperature for the dough balls to rise til double!
- Place (room temperature) Bundt pan on a baking sheet in case of overflow while baking ~ bake in a PREHEATED oven at 325 degrees for a dark Bundt pan, or 350 degrees for a shiny pan, for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a large plate to catch all the gooey sauce!
- Portions will pull apart into about 14 servings.