Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller. My family loves this with pasta dishes.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush olive oil all over inside of bread.
- Sprinkle garlic over oil.
- Top with cheese and close bread, as if making a sandwich.
- Wrap bread in foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese melts.
SO yummy.... the only thing I did just a bit differently was to add the garlic powder to the olive oil before I brushed it on the bread. The entire loaf was gone in an instant and my 2-1/2 year old twin granddaughers ate a ton! I think we have just found our favorite ever garlic bread!
GREAT TASTING BREAD! I did mince a clove of garlic & added it to the olive oil, while including all the other ingredients! Certainly could do it up another way, but I did enjoy the cheesy center layer here! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag Game]
This recipe is great but could be even better with fresh garlic. Next time I'll use finely chopped garlic. Cause with the garlic powder the taste was very hard to taste. But the cheese and the bread were great. I used small ciabatta bread. They were moist and crispy outside. yum! Thanks Bonnette :) Made for PAC spring 2011