Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Not your usual chocolate cake...rich and gooey!
Top Review by h.glenda
Made this for a girls get-together and they loved it. I used the full can of sweetened condensed milk as others did so as not to waste. Also used peanut butter instead of chips. The dough was very sticky and stuck in spite of the floured hands, so I used a sheet of waxed paper to press it down and it seemed to work better. I thought I baked mine too long because the edges looked almost too done, but when I cut it, they remained soft and chewy. Thank you!
- 177.44 ml sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted and cooled
- 59.14 ml milk
- 517.37 g package devil's food cake mix
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 198.44 g jar marshmallow creme (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 118.29 ml peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup condensed milk, butter, 1/4 cup milk, cake mix and the egg; mix to combine well (batter will be stiff).
- Press TWO-THIRDS of the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan (using floured hands); pat down evenly, the layer will be thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/2 cup condensed milk and the marshmallow creme in a bowl; stir in the peanut butter chips/morsels.
- Remove the pan from the oven; spread the marshmallow mixture evenly over the brownie layer.
- Carefully drop the remaining batter by the spoonfuls over the marshmallow mixture.
- Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.