Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Looking for an out of this world burger? Maybe something different than the usual burger? Try this.........Cook time - would be to your desired taste and however you like your burger!
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- red onion, sliced (optional)
- tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1 leaf lettuce (optional)
- Cut cheese into 16- 18 thin slices.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef and 1/4 C of the barbecue sauce.
- Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 or 10 equal amounts.
- Shape into patties.
- Place slices of cheese on the patties then place patties together so the cheese is in the center and pinch the edges shut. You should have 4 – 5 patties.
- These burgers can be cooked on the grill, under the broiler, baked or pan-fried.
- Once your burgers are done top with cheese.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with your choice of condiments and the remaining barbecue sauce.
I love barbecue sauce on burgers sometimes and this was great with the mj cheese. Thanks KimmieOH for a nice meal. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet special.
Kimmie, I have made these several times now, and my family really loves them. Thank you for a keeper.