3 hrs 55 mins
3 hrs 35 mins
This recipe was a winner in the "Great Chocolate Dessert Contest". I have not made this one yet.....I need a tart pan. "It is great served at room temperature, or for a real treat, slice and reheat in microwave for 10-15 secs." From Cooking Club of America. Cooking time includes the time needed to chill/rest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut up
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1For Dough:.
- 2Place flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder in a large bowl and beat at low speed to blend.
- 3Add butter and beat 1 min or until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces.
- 4Add 1 egg and beat for 30 sec or until dough just begins to form.
- 5Form dough into a flat round; wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 6On a floured surface, knead dough to soften slightly.
- 7Roll dough into a 12-inch round 1/8-inch thick; place in a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- 8Run a rolling pin over the top of the pan to trim the dough. Refrigerate for 20 minute.
- 9Meanwhile, heat oven to 350ºF.
- 10Line crust with foil and fill with pie weights or dry beans.
- 11Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to set.
- 12Remove foil and weights and cool on a wire rack while preparing the filling.
- 14Reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
- 15Sprinkle hazelnuts over the crust.
- 16Place caramels and 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 17Spoon over the nuts and crust.
- 18In a medium bowl, stir together remaining sweetened condensed milk, 1 egg, and melted butter.
- 19Add melted chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- 20Pour this mixture over the caramel.
- 21Bake for 35 minutes or until top is dry and center is set.
- 22Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooey Double Chocolate Brownie Tart
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 60.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g