Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
Subway taste-a-likes. have you tried their chocolate chip cookies? They always melt in your mouth and are soft and chewy. Perfect as a snack on any occasion.
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until ground fine.
- Combine ground oats with flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, sugars, vanilla and lemon juice and mix with mixer until combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cups full for big cookies (or less for smaller cookies) onto ungreased, nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place scoops of dough 2" apart (you don't need to press dough flat).
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Let cool.
Made the recipe as given & we were very satisfied with these chocolate treats, as were my son & DIL! Definitely a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! Delightful tasties, these! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]