Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Rich pecan-pie-like bars made over with cashews and the addition of chocolate chips:) From a Pillsbury cookie book.
Top Review by Sherri35
Great recipe! They are very gooey and chocolatey and delicious. Definitely keep them in the refrigerator like the recipe states until just before you serve them, because they do get gooier (is that a word?). Plus they taste good cold!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- BASE: Combine the flour, butter, and brown sugar in a small bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture firmly onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9" baking pan; bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, make the FILLING: In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the cashews and chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling over the hot, partially baked crust; continue baking for 28-33 minutes, or until set.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.