Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A variation of Holly Clegg's Peanut Brownies
Make and share this Gooey Chocolate Caramel Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13x9x2-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk, and margarine.
- Pat two-thirds of batter into bottom of pan (batter's stiff and sticky). Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix remaining sweet condensed milk and marshmallow creme. Stir in peanut butter morsels and peanuts.
- Carefully spread mixture evenly over partially baked brownie layer. Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.