Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is so awesome! My children ate it up—it’s so gooey and sticky. Great finger licking chicken.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut up
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing, preserves, and onion mix in bowl; set aside.
- Salt and pepper chicken.
- Pour dressing mix in a 13 x 9 x - inch baking dish. Place chicken in single file so as they are not on top of each other, skin side down.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes, basting occasionally. Turn chicken over and bake for 35 minutes more, basting occasionally.
- I like to serve this with wild rice, a nice salad, and fresh yeast rolls.