Chef Ripple's Note:
Sinfully good Caramel Apple bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled baking apples
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Crust: ( First 8 Ingredients )In a bowl cream butter, shortening and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Stir in pecans if desired. Set aside 2 cups.
- 2Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of a ungreased 13 in x 9 in baking pan.
- 3Filling: ( last 4 Ingedients )Toss apples with flour and spoon over crust.
- 4In a saucepan, melt the caramels and butter over low heat, Drizzle over apples. Top with the reserved oat mixture. bake at 400 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooey Carmel Apple Bars
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g