1 hr 10 mins
Found online...A buttery shortbread crust is layered with a creamy vanilla caramel, toasted pecan halves and milk chocolate shards to create one absolutely decadent bar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with foil. Combine flour, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press dough over bottom of pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Spray sides of foil above crust with cooking spray to prevent caramel from sticking.
- 2Combine brown sugar, honey, 1/4 cup water and scant 1/2 teaspoon salt in large wide saucepan. Add 1/4 cup butter; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with silicone spatula and scraping corners and bottom of pan as butter melts. From time to time, scrape mixture off spatula against top edge of pan and scrape sides of pan clean. Reduce heat to a moderate boil; stir and scrape pan 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Stir in sweetened condensed milk; return to a boil, stirring constantly and scraping sides, corners and bottom of pan. (Adjust heat so mixture boils actively but not too furiously.) Continue stirring and cooking 9 to 12 minutes or until mixture reaches 235°F Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- 4Pour over crust; tilt baking pan to level caramel. Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate; let stand until caramel is cool and chocolate is set.
- 5Lift foil to remove bars from pan. Remove foil; cut into bars. (Bars can be made 3 days ahead. Store in an airtight container.)
- 6TIP *To toast pecans, place on baking sheet; bake at 350°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly darker in color. Cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gooey Caramel Turtle Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1896 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g