Recipe by Erin Crable
I am a chocolate lover and these are sinful! They are always a favorite when I bring them to parties. They taste like a homemade candy bar.
Top Review by STARTERWIFE
I am so grateful to you for sharing your recipe.Made this for a work party and it was wonderful,everyone loved it.It is a keeper !!!!!!!!!Love it !!!Wish I could give you more stars !!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag caramels
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk.
- In a greased cake pan, spread half of the batter evenly in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over low heat or in the microwave, melt unwrapped caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk until smooth and creamy, stirring often.
- Remove half baked crust from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle caramel over crust.
- Drop remaining batter on top of crust and bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Cool slightly and refridgerate to allow caramel to set up.