Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am a chocolate lover and these are sinful! They are always a favorite when I bring them to parties. They taste like a homemade candy bar.
- 1 (18 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (16 ounce) bag caramels
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- Mix together cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk.
- In a greased cake pan, spread half of the batter evenly in the pan and bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, over low heat or in the microwave, melt unwrapped caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk until smooth and creamy, stirring often.
- Remove half baked crust from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Drizzle caramel over crust.
- Drop remaining batter on top of crust and bake for 14-17 minutes.
- Cool slightly and refridgerate to allow caramel to set up.
I am so grateful to you for sharing your recipe.Made this for a work party and it was wonderful,everyone loved it.It is a keeper !!!!!!!!!Love it !!!Wish I could give you more stars !!!!
This is one of our favorite bars to make. We only use 1/2 cup melted butter. For the first half of the batter patted into the pan we put it in for 15 minutes. The second half we put it in again for another 15 minutes. Excellent bars, perfect every time!!!