Recipe by Ppaperdoll
I think this came from a Pillsbury cookbook. I clipped it because it's made in a 9x9 inch pan, and that's the size I have. I use margarine for the shortening.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of square 9x9 inch pan with shortening. Mix sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, vanilla and eggs in medium bowl with wooden spoon. Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Spread batter in pan and bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center come out clean.
- Heat camamels and milk in saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until caramels melt. Driszzle over warm brownies and sprinkle with pecans.
- Place chocolate chips and 1 tsp shortening in small microwavable bowl. Microwave uncovered on 1/2 power 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through until chocolate is meleted. Drizzle chocolate over pecans.
- Leave to cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut brownies into 4x4 rows.