Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very yummy apple muffins. The caramel gives the muffins a slightly gooey consistency that is wonderful - if you love caramel. Granny Smith apples work well with this recipe but any type of apple will do. You can always add a dash of cinnamon if you're a cinnamon lover.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and mix well. Set aside for now.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix with creamed mixture while also adding the milk. Mix in vanilla.
- Grate one apple using a carrot grater, avoiding the core. Mix in most of the grated apple into the batter. Set aside a small amount of shredded apple, approximately 1/8 cup, for later use.
- Grease the muffin pan. Fill 12 muffin tins 2/3 full of the muffin batter.
- Melt caramel and drizzle 1 spoonful of caramel into the center of each muffin. Cover muffins with remaining batter.
- Make Streusel: Mix all of the ingredients for the streusel together in a bowl. Make sure streusel is thoroughly mixed.
- Sprinkle the top of muffins with streusel mixture. Add approximately 1 teaspoon of caramel right in the middle of each muffin top. Then sprinkle more shredded apple and streusel on top.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes.