Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A soft, chewy caramel with a distinct taste
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Take a 11" x 7" pan and grease bottom and sides with butter or non-stick spray,.
- Set this aside for later.
- Using a deep, thick bottomed pot, mix the sugar and light corn syrup.
- Stir frequently until mixture turns golden.
- Add the butter a tablespoon at a time, whisking thoroughly.
- Next slowly add the cream, a few tablespoons at a time.
- Place your candy thermometer into the mixture and whisk continuously until it reads approximately 248°F.
- When it reaches 248F, remove from heat and add vanilla and salt.
- place mixture until greased pan and let cool for several hours, if not overnight.
- Remove from pan on to a cutting board and then divide them up accordingly.
- I make about 80 separate ones.
- To store: Keep in a cool place.
- Wrap individually in parchment paper or wax paper.