Recipe by Elizabeth Watters
So easy to make and always a hit!
Top Review by NaughtyZute
We just call these Evil Cookies! I've found I like them better when they cook just a bit longer. I make them larger too. And really, they just ain't right. They ain't right at all. Nothing should be this delicious. My friend says they call to him "Eat me. Eat me" They call to me "Make me. Make me." Don't be surprised if the church down the block starts a Gooey Butter Cookies Anonymous group to support us slaves. Just for today, I'm not going to eat any Butter Cookies... Oh shoot. I just had two for dinner! OK. Maybe tomorrow I won't have any Butter Cookies...
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together cream cheese and butter.
- Add egg and vanilla, then cake mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until cookie dough is firm.
- Roll in 1 inch balls, then roll in confectioner's sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet for 10-15 minutes or until cookies are slightly firm to touch.
- Wait a minute or two before removing cookies to cooling racks.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar.